Welcome!

Topics: Main( )
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2007 at 9:43 AM
The CSParser currently parses 1.0, forms a code graph, and then regenerates the original source from this. It is hand written, and include (or course) a hand written lexer. Overall it is pretty fast, but a good profiling would no doubt find lots of tweaks.

I hoping to use this to allow C# on microcontrollers, and hoping you use it for whatever you see fit : ).

Cheers,
Robin
Jan 10, 2007 at 3:10 AM
Your parser generates Document Object Model of source code?? And why C# 1.0 - it is old technology.
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2007 at 10:20 AM
Hey DjZAZ,

It basically generates a 'tree' of objects - eg a Namespace object, which has class collection as a property, which has a methods collection, which has a statements collection etc...

As far as C# 1.0, that is just the current state - C# 2.0 is just an extension of that, and not a very big one at that. Actually Denis Erchoff is working on that atm, so 2.0 support is definately in the works. Obviously 3.0 wouldn't be impossible to add either. The plan is to allow the version in a setting, so you could still clamp to 1.0 if you like.

Thanks for your interest and input : ).
Feb 13, 2007 at 10:37 AM
If I have correctly understood, your program gives syntax trees. What about typecast check and other semantic operations?
Nov 2, 2007 at 2:53 AM
Just wanted to thank the developers - this is a very nice piece of work and saved my bacon on a project I am working on.

Cheers,

Terence
Nov 23, 2007 at 4:57 PM
Thanks very much for making the parser available to other developers.

Here's hoping that the last reported bugs are going to be addressed. It appears that the last update was over 6 months ago and I'm hoping that further development will occur. It would be a shame to have this piece of code not live up to its full potential.

Regards,
Adrian