This project is read-only.

Bug report -- and... Is this project still alive?

Topics: Developer Forum, Main( )
Jun 15, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Hi all,

I found this very interesting project which might be useful, since I have the job to alter existing C# code automatically. This parser would do the job, if it supported the whole C# language or an "Unknown Expression" node as described below. Unfortunately it doesn't. So my question is: how long might it last to get a bug fixed? Currently I'm not familiar enough with the parser to fix bugs by myself.  (This might change in the future.) 

What I found is a problem with the following line:

List<int[]> lotList = new List<int[]>();

CsParser gives me the following error:

Error: Expected Comma found: LBracket in token LBracket

Seems, as if arrays are not treated as types in the generic type lists, which is definitely a bug.

At this point I would like to add a Suggestion: Since I need Parser/Generator roundtrips, it wouldn't be so fatal, if the parser can't determine a valid statement as long as the unknown code is added to a kind of "Unknown Expression" node. This node could be written "as is" by the code generator, resulting in the same output as the input, even if the compiler doesn't understand all of the constructs.

-Mirko

SORRY -- I found, that I didn't use the newest revision and that the bug is removed now.

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Sorry, yeah you basically want the latest sources instead of the download. I need to bundle that up.

I think it is still alive (not sure how to check the pulse though : ), but support has fallen off a cliff. I've been working on a video game contract for that last long while, and it is indeed like I heard -- a lot of fun, and albe to soak up every spare moment of your day (and some moments you didn't think were spare).